Siesta Sister Memory Team; it is that time again. To see what my Siestas are memorizing this last half of the month click above.
I must say I am sooooo excited about a new aspect of this …. YES it does have to do with viewing on my SMARTPHONE!!!! I love my EVO baby!!! No forgetting that sexy little book at home (see image above ~ yes it is cute). If you are a tech loving girl like me … follow your link and download for your smartphone too. I am hoping it is a better motivator!
This is one of those times when I like another translation of this verse better …
7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Tim 1:7
I love the verbiage of “spirit of fear”; that is a better description of where I stumble. In my fear, it is not a timid ~ it is usually paralyzing!
timidity – adjective, -er, -est.
1. lacking in self-assurance, courage, or bravery; easily alarmed; timorous; shy.
2. characterized by or indicating fear: a timid approach to a problem.
For me this adjective is a descriptor of something else. It just doesn’t seem to emphasize how much I have lacked the faith in my Father.
fear – noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone’s safety.
4. reverential awe, especially toward God.
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.
34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Mat 6:34 (NIV84)
Siesta Scripture Memory Team 2011!!!
I joined this as motivation for learning we will see how it ends at the end of the year. I am to have 24 verses memorized by the end of December!!
I submit my verse on the 1st & 15th of every month, was a little late on the months I was working through my health issues, I get a pass. 😉
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
This is where the rest of Siesta Sisters can be found
I picked out all my verses for the year already, it has been a collection of verses that have spoken to my heart for years. I never thought I had the time to commit them to memory. The Holy Spirit always knows which verses to bring to my heart at the right time. Which is why I have tried to do this as much as possible, by the end of the year I will have the 24 four done!!! Hopefully a new habit as well.
I love this verse, I have prayed this verse. Not always happy with what God shows me. This year has brought many anxious thoughts, cancer (mine and my brothers), job loss and grieving. I am not over the grieving it is a process.