SSMT Memory Verse 12
Siesta Sister Memory Team; it is that time again. To see what my Siestas are memorizing this last half of the month click above.
I must say I am sooooo excited about a new aspect of this …. YES it does have to do with viewing on my SMARTPHONE!!!! I love my EVO baby!!! No forgetting that sexy little book at home (see image above ~ yes it is cute). If you are a tech loving girl like me … follow your link and download for your smartphone too. I am hoping it is a better motivator!
This is one of those times when I like another translation of this verse better …
7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Tim 1:7
I love the verbiage of “spirit of fear”; that is a better description of where I stumble. In my fear, it is not a timid ~ it is usually paralyzing!
timidity – adjective, -er, -est.
1. lacking in self-assurance, courage, or bravery; easily alarmed; timorous; shy.
2. characterized by or indicating fear: a timid approach to a problem.
For me this adjective is a descriptor of something else. It just doesn’t seem to emphasize how much I have lacked the faith in my Father.
fear – noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone’s safety.
4. reverential awe, especially toward God.
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.
34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Mat 6:34 (NIV84)